"For Better Living in Your Community"


  • Broken or removed lock
    First, the charge for such unlawful action is $300. The gas meter at your house is property of Gibson County Utility District. It is a criminal offense to tamper in any way with G.C.U.D property. Also any person violating Tennessee laws regarding this matter is liable civilly for damages up to three times of the total cost of repair, attorney fees, etc. This unlawful action includes the turning of the gas valve at the meter. G.C.U.D is required by the Tennessee Regulator Authority to “lock out” any valves turned to the off position. If the valve is locked out, a reconnection fee will apply before service will be restored.
  • Can I drop off my payments?
    Drop payment boxes are available for your convenience at the following locations:
    • Milan – Bank of Milan
    • Bradford – Bradford Best Way Grocery
    • Gibson – Gibson City Hall
    • Trimble – Trimble City Hall
    Click Here for a map.
  • How and when is service reconnected?
    It is the customer’s responsibility to come in to our office and pay the entire past due amount and a reconnection fee of $75, any customer paying the reconnect fee after the cut off date will be reconnected within two (2) business days from the date of payment.
  • How can I get natural gas on my road?
    Fill out the form on our Service Area page or call the office to let us know you are interested in getting gas in your area. The following represents the Gas Main Extension Policy for Gibson County Utility District as approved by the Board of Commissioners on 04-26-2005. All main extensions are subject to economic limitations. Due to budget factors and installation schedules extensions may be deferred until the next fiscal year.
    Policy Statement
    GCUD establishes this policy stating that natural gas mains will be extended when the following guidelines have been met: 1. At least thirty (30) meters per mile (one meter per 175 feet) will be the criteria to extend a natural gas main into the area surveyed at no cost to the customer(s) Other considerations include: a. If the nature of the area dictates that potential growth, without a doubt, will insure the thirty (30) meters per mile criteria, within a reasonable period of time. b. The load potential for the area in which the main extension will be extended provides a reasonable return of investment to GCUD. c. Developers must meet load requirements in order to provide a reasonable return on investment for main extensions in subdivisions. Refer to the current Developer Agreement Policy.  2. All fees and cost required for the main extension must be paid prior to the main extension project beginning. Fees are as follows: a. The $ 350 tap fee is required to establish service. b. When a new service line is installed or replaced, Section PHMSA Part 192.383 requires the District to install an excess flow valve on that service line. GCUD will install an excess flow valve meeting the performance standards set forth in Section PHMSA Part 192.381. c. Refer to the EFV Policy for EFV installation on existing service lines. d. A detailed cost estimate will be provided if cost and fees not already stated in this policy are deemed necessary by GCUD in order to maintain a reasonable return on investment 3. Service Line fees are as follows: a. Service lines will be billed at $5.00 per foot. b. If the primary heat source is natural gas and at least one other gas appliance is installed (verified at final inspection) the cost of the service line will be waived. c. Any additional work after the initial installation of the service line will be billed at $15 per foot. d. Any service line charges (i.e., excess footage charges) totaling over $300 may be financed for up to 12 months at no interest. 4. If there are not enough customers to justify the length of the natural gas main required, the customer or group of customers has the option to pay $15 per foot to extend the main to customer’s property line. These fees must be paid in advance of the main extension construction. 5. When 100% of the parties have paid their connection fees, the main extension will be scheduled for installation. 6. This policy allows a Church to be considered as one residential customer or one meter. 7. If after 18 months from signing the new line tap application, the contractor/ customer is not ready for GCUD to install the service line, the contract will be voided. 8. The fees and conditions already stated apply to individuals and contractors requesting a tap on an existing natural gas main. 9. All fees and cost are nonrefundable, except when failure of GCUD to provide service within 18 months of the signed agreement. 10. This policy will be reviewed annually by Management.
  • How can I sign up for service?
    Come in our office located at 1300 North U.S. 45 By-Pass, Trenton, TN 38382.  We do require a $350 service application fee to be paid at the time application is made which includes the meter connection for a single residential dwelling an EFV (Excess Flow Valve) will be installed. All footage will be billed at $5.00 per foot.
  • How can I tell the difference between a credit and a charge to my bill?
    A credit has a minus sign before the amount. (example -$34.00)
  • What are my payment options?
    Besides offering the budget pay plan we also offer payment by bank draft, our customer service representatives would be glad to set up this service for you. Please call our office for more details. We also accept all major credit cards and you can make the payment by calling 1-877-477-8730. You will need your gas customer number and pin number. Both numbers are provided on your bill each month. The newest form of payment is online using GCUD’s Secure Electronic Payment! – Pay Your Bill Online*We do not charge an additional fee when using credit cards or online payments.
  • What happens when a customer is disconnected for nonpayment?
    The meter is “locked out” by authorized GCUD personnel. GCUD personnel are not required to inform the customer and are not allowed to take payments in the field.
  • What is your return check policy?
    Return check fee: $30.00 If we receive two consecutive return checks or bank drafts, no more checks will be accepted.
  • When are late charges applied?
    Late charges are applied to past due bills the day after your due date. Disconnection occurs on the 10th day after the due date.
  • When is my bill due? Will I get a second notice of payment due?
    Gibson County Utility District no longer sends late notices or second notice of billing. While due dates vary somewhat from month to month the following is an example of due dates depending on your location:
  • Where can I pay my bill?
    Our office is located at 1300 North U.S. 45 By-Pass in Trenton. Our office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday. We have a drive thru window for your convenience and an after hours payment drop box at the drive thru. If mailing your bill, please mail to – Gibson County Utility District, P.O. Box 350, Trenton, TN 38382.
  • Will I have to sign a Customer Contract
    If you have gas service available and want to have it turned on in your name; you will be required to fill out a customer contract. All customers are required to complete a customer contract before service will be connected or transferred. Please have your driver’s license number, social security number, and other billing information available when completing the form. If renting, we require the owner’s name and phone number. We also request a list of gas appliances. Photo ID will be needed for verification purposes. The connection or transfer fee is $75.00, non-refundable.
Scroll to Top